Aloe Vera Herbal

Aloe Vera Herbal

Aloe vera herbals come from the plant, aloe. Native to Africa, the aloe vera herbal plant is also known as “lily of the desert”, the “plant of immortality”, and the “medicine plant.” Liquid found in the plant has a bitter taste or “alloeh” in Arabic, hence, the name.

The Plant

Aloe vera hebal plant belongs to the family, Asphodelaceae with about 400 known species currently in existence. Classified as succulent plants, the aloe grows in the drier parts of Africa and in the mountains of tropical Africa. The most characteristic part of the aloe vera herbal plant is its leaves which are large, thick, and fleshy. The leaves are lance-shaped with a sharp apex and spines lining their margins.

Early Uses

As early as 1500 BC, Egyptians have recorded the use of the aloe vera herbal plant as treatment for burns, infections, and parasites. Apparently, the juice of the plant leaves yields certain substances, called aloes, which are good purgatives. Some species of the aloe, like Aloe venenosa, may produce poisonous juice and are therefore advised against. However, most species, such as the A. vera, vulgaris, socotrina, chinensis, and perryi contain aloes that have medicinal uses.

Extensive research has been done on the aloe vera herbal plant since 1930s. Studies show that the clear gel of the aloe vera herbal plant has a dramatic ability to heal wounds, ulcers, and burns. By coating the affected areas with the gel-like substance, the wound is protected from infection-causing bacteria and other microbodies, thus speeding up the healing rate.

The Aloe Vera Herbal Juice

Since it is a succulent, the aloe vera herbal plant is about 96% water. The remaining 4% is composed of active ingredients, including essential oil, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and glycoproteins. Because of the many active constituents present in the aloe vera herbal plant, many modern healers have used it in their liquid health treatments. Often, the aloe vera herbal juice is combined with other medicinal plants in order to increase its potency. The aloe vera herbal juice produces a soothing effect on digestive tract irritations caused by disorders, such as colitis and peptic ulcers.

Aloe Vera Herbal Supplement

With its many vitamins and minerals, aloe vera is ideal as an herbal food supplement. It helps facilitate digestion and aids in blood and lymphatic circulation. Aloe vera herbal supplement is also said to improve kidney, liver, and gall bladder functions.

The plant contains at least three fatty acids that have anti-inflammatroy properties. This makes the aloe vera herbal supplement helpful for the stomach, small intestine, and colon. It naturally alkalizes digestive juices to prevent overacidity which is a common cause of indigestion.

TOTAL WORD COUNT – 447
KEYWORDS “Aloe Vera Herbal” – 15 (density = 3.3%)